Saturday, February 14, 2009

This one is for you kartekke!!!!!


Let me bow down in shame for being the worst sister on earth. Not even the devil in person can compete with me. Throughout my brother’s childhood I was always missing . I never realized what it meant to have shared the same womb until now. Now that I am miles and miles afar from his radiant presence I some how miss him & yes I miss him dearly. I cannot define this but yes I love my brother and I love him very dearly. Some times I wake up in the night & long to see him, that glowing face, his bushy hair, his constant denial for addressing me by “Didi”, but the wheels of time are irrevocable …..Oh how I wish to revert to him. On those sun soaked afternoons I miss beating him up …hehehhee…I use to torture him terribly, but have no sympathies with him please!! He was a little devil himself. There were times when the two of us fought bitterly especially when he secured low grades in his exams (I certainly had double standards, low grades in my case were never an issue …I am stifling a smile as I pen this fact down :) )

Come to think of you kartekke …my little brother is not little any more.
Cheers to you …and I would confess something that I never have said earlier……….here I go
I think of you my dearest “dear bro” now & forever
You are the light of my life
You are the coolness in the wind
You are my muse and the rhyme
You are the pulse in my veins
You are the thoughts in my memory
You are the vision in my eyes
You are the future of my destiny
You are the depth of my past
You are my foe and you are my shield
You are my guardian and my protector

kartekke I may not call you for weeks , I may not meet for months and this might extend in an undefinable span of time ,but I have sheltered you in the center of my soul and thus you and I can never be far .
We have shared the same womb and unconsciously I left my traces in that abode for you. You have a bit of me. Thus a slight punch of your sister & a slight spunk of erratic in you which is all to me.
I so long to be as pleasant as you, as fine and soothing as you, as good a human being as you.
I so wish to have a morsel of you me in!!!
Even though I am not all that yet I am lucky to have the tag of being your kin.
Love you loads & miss you like bonkers …wish you luck in heaps ………..your‘s Vijeya !!!!!

2 comments:

Subhajit said...

Nice one...very touchy...
Full marks for u and ur emotions....

Anonymous said...

Very well written darling... Reminds me of my early childhood days with my brother.. Cheers Vijeya!!! Keep going....