Friday, February 20, 2009

Racing through distractions

So many faces, so many smiles…I am drawn to so much around that I loose track of what I am suppose to be doing.
At times I promise my self that I won’t budge, but very often I let the wild horses of my mind race through people places and things. Soon I realize that the mind camouflages so much, all can’t be held in the fist. Often a friend of mine would chide me saying, “Vijeya concentrate! Don’t look around “….well all this was of no avail because I still would …..Hahaahaa
I have understood over a period of time that it was not distraction , it was not having a wavering mind …more than anything else it was my interest in all earthly beings that made me drift all the while (usually study hours were one time that I would genuinely take to all and sundry …heheh)
Even though I have grown, I’m still as playful in thoughts as a kitten. What I am today is because of my so called “distractions”. I have seen, I have known, I have observed even when I was not suppose to. I have been a precocious child (read between the lines) if I may say so, but all said and done I sure do have no regrets.
What I’m most glad about is that I have never really missed out on life. If I was to be asked whether I love people my answer would be in the affirmative. If I shut my eyes all I can see is a sea of people. These images swim around perennially. Taking a dip in them is what I do best , honestly it is my best escape. I can even go on to the extent of proclaiming that my restlessness is my sole muse.
Let me float a last thought in this regard.... “I guess I am far freer with the way I function than you who is grimacing at the moment.”


8 comments:

Eternally Stupidified said...

Well I guess it's important to love and accept the person that you are, and you do a very fine job in that.

That fact that you managed not to get influenced by people around, itself is commendable.

All the Best for being the person u r :)

rohan said...

Learning from "Distractions" ---- Applaudable!

Subhajit said...

Hmm...I liked the dear...You have hit bull's eye on another human trait through your words.

I would like you to see writing more on these themes than others.

Good One Dear...

Unknown said...

superb vijeya !!
it was very interesting....
continue writing your blogs....

wah wah wah wah....

Vijeya said...

thanxx raauulll i sure will.....

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Abhishek Chakraborty said...

Distractions as you said made you realise the earthly wonders, but i will add another dimension to it....Distractions and the sign of restlessness is also a thing of you being flexible enough to bend, bend to make others happy or otherwise bend that hard so that you can hit harder when you come down....
Life comes in huge container box but with separate compartments..each has a separate value and holds a separate meaning to life, each gives a new sight or a way of thinking to life..rationalize the way we behave or sometimes makes us feel crazy...and that where being more extro...or being more outbound helps..it helps to take the things in your stride without even knowing that you added something to your beautiful life...
A new life has started...so its the time for was to wake up..stand tall and look at all the "DISTRACTIONS" to be unfazed by any of these...and the most important thing...TO LEARN the way to lead life..
Have a great life- Vijeya...

Hasan Zia said...

Nice one!~!
well u can visit on my blog 2 n giv ur valuable comments.
http://restlesssun.blogspot.com/