Sunday, March 15, 2009

Wedding bells

The wedding bells are jingling for someone. Hard to believe that Pooja has finally got to shuttle between homes. The untapped sense of joy is unfathomable. Do I need to even put it on paper that I am very happy for her? Her life is on the brink of a change, and a change which is so surmountable that neither she nor any one of us will be fit to comment on. To say that I wish her well would seem like a formality.….!!!!
Are you still wondering who Pooja is …well Pooja is my first cousin ( my tauji’s only daughter) .Quite determined in her approach to life , the perfect one to nurse the wounds of the one in pain , one who approaches the job at hand very strategically, now that is Pooja for you. To say that I know all about her would be a lie, because I really don’t. Perhaps because of the bitter arguments that the two of us were unnecessarily part of, we lost out on knowing the shape of each other’s heart. And thus never had much to share. She and I lived under the same roof and were even more formal than the people from the corporate. Pooja “the foodie”, Pooja the “chirpy bird”, Pooja the “juke box” that’s what describes her the best. The gym was her best hangout place ….he he he he he.
There is a lot that was left unsaid between her and me. But since her wedding is on the cards I here by proclaim that our mothers may not share the same genes but we do Pooja!! I have every right bestowed by the same genes to hit you on your back, to pinch you, hug you hard, kiss you innumerable times and finally set you sailing for your journey ahead. I could never have missed out on writing about you. There always has been a line of formality amongst the two of us which still hasn’t melted , irrespective of your thoughts towards me , I promise you a wedding gift that only a few will offer. I promise to be behind you when you turn the pages of time, I promise to always be only a call away when you need a helping hand. You are my cousin, and you are the only sister I have ever known Pooja. I don’t wish any thing from your side but I wish you a flourishing future!!
I almost jumped out of my seat when the news of your marriage was broken to me!! Although I know that I might not have a grand role to play in your life but I shall still doubly rejoice at this juncture of your life.
Since your red letter day is ahead I wish to congratulate you and every one from “our” family. My feelings towards you have changed because honestly “change” changes everyone. These words are my only means of letting you know my most genuine thoughts.
If I say that I care it simply mean that “I do”

No comments: