Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rocky: The Baby Who Slept Eternally

So you have gone taking my life from the palm of my hands. I always took you as eternal. It is clearly impossible to match my words of praise for you with your poise and humility. Not once had I seen you angry .Never did I not see you obey. I have nothing to Pen down for you my Darling Dog, you were too godly for words. I feel so empty dearest Rocky, you left us all in lurch. Your lowered eyes as they always were in praise for all of us, your shy and timid walk just to help make way for anyone. And the way you would never ask for anything. There cannot be anyone like you.

This afternoon as we all bid goodbye to you when you were swept away in the Ambassador car, the only car fit for your Royal stature , I saw a flock of birds sitting in the middle of the afternoon on the loosely hanging cable wires that pass through the aimless street right out side our house. It was touching to see their silence. I knew you never wanted to leave and I know how many times I swept away from your side as you lay on you mattress but I could not take the sight of you ailing.

You have been a simple being… so simple that I feel robbed of sentences. I cannot mark you in these lines. I just fall below you. Never will I see a dog so good and prayerful. You were the prayer of the house standing tall and heavy both in the sun and in the rains. You saw your family (Bozo & Lyica) leave before your eyes and like a silent soul watched all wash away. You have been the newly born baby who never cried and never troubled its mother and that I call unprecedented. I salute the spirit of this great soul whose memory will make me more patient and appreciative of the gift of life. He saw his family wipe out before his eyes and he never communicated his grief to any one.

The last of Bozo’s legacy (our first four legged friend & companion) has finally ceased. The two glorious boys Bozo and Rocky have left with their Queen Lyica forever never to be sighted even by the gods.
Which strange land has my Rocky been banished to God? I wonder if the roads are smooth there because he has never walked on rough patches … I wonder if the wind is pure, would some body be there to tuck him in bed and feed him? .. Would there be angels to take care of him and most of all “love” him?… May be I need not worry as I am told that the “Land of No return” welcomes all for an Eternal Rest. Rocky now sleeps like a baby and while he sleeps the angles flutter around. The fantasy world beckons Rocky.. Who am I to stop him!

As I pass though the verandah i don’t see his bed around. His mattress is folded and kept away from my reach just the way he is away from any of our reach now. I think I should go to sleep and may be trace him in my dream. Perhaps this is the only time he will not allow me a moment from his fantasy world.
Sleep well my most beloved Friend though our home will never be the same with you gone. Come back soon as the soothing breeze and I would know you are around and let the birds bring to me news of you. The more they chirp the happier I would be for you.

And my promise to you …..We will meet in some other life on another chunk of the earth.

Till then my baby goodnight ……and farewell!!


Love ,
Your Family
1:50 am ;Tuesday;13th December ,2011

No comments: